We’re an early stages startup, so we’re going to need a person or two who is unafraid to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that in order to get the vision off the ground. This applies to our modelers, who are amazing at bringing stylized characters to life, but are open and interested in doing many other things as well.
- Have shipped a title or two as a modeler: You probably have experience in game development, understand optimization, and have a good pipeline.
- Curious and passionate: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in the world of VR and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Collaborative and humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Tech-friendly: We need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary, so you are comfortable with game engines, editors, and your art pipelines tools of choice.
- A lover of VR and the potential of the platform: You may fancy yourself a bit of a futurist. You know what the latest excellent ways are to interact with the world and what experiences blow people’s minds and you can’t wait to make more of them.
- Be amazing at executing stylized character models, including: High and low poly, textures, and optimization, preferably in Max or Maya
- Comfortable with setting up rigs for your character models
- Be able to give feedback to potential outsourcing partners
- Be flexible and OK with wearing many hats. Either way, you’ll be instrumental in developing the style and ensuring that our character and narrative is executed wonderfully in VR.
- Be experimental
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
If this sounds like you, please email your resume, cover letter, and link/portfolio attachment with the subject Character Artist Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org