As a designer at Squanchtendo, you are in charge of making the translation of design concepts into high quality VR execution. You likely have an area of design that you fancy, whether system, level, interface, or gameplay, but you are broadly competent in more than one area of design.
- An experienced designer. Shipped a title or two: Regardless of your area of focus, you’ve shipped a title or two as a sytems, interaction, or gameplay designer. Bonus points if you’ve made the step into VR interactive experience design.
- Curious and passionate: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in the world of VR and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Collaborative and humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Tech-friendly: Regardless of whether your tech background includes programming, scripting, or working in engine editors, we need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary. No paper-only designers, please.
- A lover of VR and the potential of the platform: You may fancy yourself a bit of a futurist. You know what the latest excellent ways are to interact with the world and what experiences blow people’s minds and you can’t wait to make more of them.
- Work within a design team to conceptualize, document, and execute a fantastic VR game
- Be an expert in one field of design: Gameplay, systems, levels, or interaction, but broadly competent in more than one area of design.
- Be a great communicator of your design: Using whatever methods necessary to ensure that everyone gets it.
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
- Be OK with some structure and process. Documentation doesn’t scare you, in fact, it makes you stronger.
- Play to your strengths and not be afraid to admit your weaknesses
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
If this sounds like you, please apply here: