In this role, we expect you to take the conceptual art direction that has been established and be instrumental in ensuring it comes to life in VR. This is a lead position where the person in it will wear many hats, so flexibility and passion for content and execution is key. You are:
- Experienced: you probably have experience in game development, specifically as a lead artist or content manager prior.
- Curious and passionate: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in the world of VR and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Collaborative and humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Tech-friendly: We need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary, so you are comfortable with game engines, editors, and the art pipelines that will work for our projects.
- A lover of VR and the potential of the platform: You may fancy yourself a bit of a futurist. You know what the latest excellent ways are to interact with the world and what experiences blow people’s minds and you can’t wait to make more of them.
- Lead an art team to conceptualize and execute a life-altering VR game
- Manage outsourcing and freelance. Establish standards and deliver regular feedbcak.
- Be the other half of our CCO and use that knowledge to ensure consistent creative vision and prioritization alignment with product development
- Collaborate and evangelize the game to partners and potential new-hires
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
- Lead the formation of the art team: Structure and process
- Play to your strengths and not be afraid to admit your weaknesses
If this sounds like you, please email us your resume, cover letter, and a link/portfolio attachment with the subject Art Lead Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org