In this role, you will be the right hand of the CCO. You will be the translator of great ideas into thoughtful communication and an action plan. You will be leading up the design team and ensure it's built thoughtfully. You are:
- Experienced: you probably have experience in game development, specifically as a lead designer or creative director prior. A passion for a secondary design discipline such as VR Interface, gameplay, or systems is desirable.
- Curious and passionate: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in the world of VR and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Collaborative and humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Tech-friendly: Regardless of whether your tech background includes programming, scripting, or working in engine editors, we need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary. No paper-only designers, please.
- A lover of VR and the potential of the platform: You may fancy yourself a bit of a futurist. You know what the latest excellent ways are to interact with the world and what experiences blow people’s minds and you can’t wait to make more of them.
- Lead a design team to conceptualize and execute a life-altering VR game
- Be the other half of our CCO and use that knowledge to ensure consistent creative vision and prioritization alignment with product development
- Be an individual contributor, owning design end to end along with documentation
- Collaborate and evangelize the game to partners and potential new-hires
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
- Lead the formation of the design team: Structure and process
- Play to your strengths and not be afraid to admit your weaknesses
If this sounds like you, please email your resume and cover letter with the subject Lead Designer Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org